October 18, 2010

A letter to Gab

The other night, my dear friend Gab celebrated her debut. Being part of the eighteen dedications, I was asked to sing a line from a song. I chose the Eraserheads' Huwag Kang Matakot:
Huwag kang matakot. Di mo ba alam nandito lang ako sa iyong tabi? Di kita pababayaan kailanman.

Thank god Ely Buendia wrote that song, because as sappy and sentimental as I am, I find it hard to tell Gab the mushy stuff I usually only tell The Best Friend.

Anyway, since I feel a bit guilty about giving a rather thoughtless gift (Bench boxers), here goes:

Dear Abbey Gaile G. Gatbonton,
It's been more than a year when I started the nickname Gab. It was during Economics class when the stress got a bit much for you and we followed you into the comfort room to comfort you (heh, I am so witty).

Thank you for making me happy for the past several months. Every time I'm with you, I can't help but laugh, and not just because you won't shut your piehole. You always can manage to get a smile (however reluctant) on my face when I want to pull out my hair in misery.
We are always sabaw or lutang or any other word that means acting like we're stoned. Those moments, no matter how random, define our friendship.





On a more serious note, you've always been there for me when I feel like there's no one to listen to me. You take my crap so well and you don't judge me (too harshly) when I recount my crazy adventures and many, many wrong decisions. And for that, I love you.
Not to mention how well you can handle me when I have menstrual cramps and I'm all PMS-y and I bitch and moan and whine about every little thing.

Honestly, I do not know what I would do without you. I will always be here for you, even if sometimes I feel like punching you in the gut. I love you!
Belated happy birthday. You deserve every happiness in the world.

1 comment:

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...