I like going to new places. I like the idea of exploring a place I have never been to. And even though I'm a taxi kind of girl, I like taking directions and commuting to unfamiliar destinations. Makes feel *~strong & independent~* or whatever empowering adjective you might have in your back pocket.
Last year, I discovered lots of new places, and let's just ignore the fact that most of them were bars in Manila (Tapsi, Viewpoint, 1611, Darkroom, Yes, S5—okay, stopping now). Now I wrote down a list of places I shall go to before 2012. Just because. I like lists.
In no particular order:
- Café Noriter. It was actually Robbie's blog that inspired me to do this whole new-places thing, anyway.
Fort Santiago.This is the Valentine's Day destination of the YC Buddies, thanks to me and Aya.
- Binondo, out of sheer curiosity.
- Banapple. Might drag Gab with me because she knows where it's at.
- Ronac Art Center with The Best Friend to see toys at Secret Fresh.
The Collective. I have a feeling it's such a hipster place, something like Cubao Ex, so I'm telling The Best Friend about it because we're gonna love the vinyl records and toys and stuff. God, such geekery.
- Malolos. Sleepover at Kat's.
- Lucban, Quezon. Mom and I are planning to go there for the Pahiyas Festival this summer. The plans are still sketchy, but I'm going to nag her until she agrees. She's already found a nice place to stay there.
- California Pizza Kitchen. Because when we were at Shangri-la, we didn't get to eat here. Shallow reason, yes, but I still want to try it out. It's pizza, for chrissakes!
- Bookay-Ukay. Three words: sixty-peso books.
Oh, and if anyone would like to accompany me, please, gimme a buzz. I'm a huge socially-awkward dork, but I can make up for it by being as nice and friendly as I could possibly manage.