February 10, 2011

The Collective Fail

It was on Dani's blog that I discovered The Collective, a Cubao Expo-y place where art, fashion, music, and other interests are catered to by several unique stores. What particularly piqued my interest was Vinyl on Vinyl, where you can buy vinyl records, artwork like sketches and paintings, and toys like Kidrobot. They also sell one-of-a-kind clothing and accessories—at least that's what the blogosphere tells me.

Peter Angelo and I are geeks. Huge geeks. When we get together, we draw out each other's geekiness to its full potential. So when I told him about Vinyl on Vinyl, we were excited to go to The Collective.

It was last Monday, with nothing but vague directions I found on the Internet, that Peter Angelo and I went to The Collective. We got lost from the very start, when we didn't know where to get off. Then we got on the wrong jeep and asked directions from a police officer.
Me: Saan po makakasakay papuntang Makati?
Pulis: Doon [points]. Sakay kayong pa-PRC.
Me: Ah. Saan po bababa?
Pulis: Sa PRC nga.
Me: Ah. Eh saan kami makakasakay?
Pulis: Doon nga. [points again]
Me: Ah. Eh saan po kami bababa?
Pulis, exasperated: Sa PRC nga!
Peter to the cop, talking about me: Pasensya na po kayo, di pa yan nakakainom ng gamot ngayon eh.

After that, we didn't know exactly where Malugay St. was, so we asked directions from several people and still got lost. We ended up taking a taxi to Malugay, where The Collective was located.



We were beaming in anticipation of Vinyl on Vinyl, and ignored the ominous "Closed" signs on most stores. Finally, when we reached VoV, smiling and sweaty from the commute, we found out that It. Was. Fucking Closed.

What the fuckety fuck huhuhuhu nakakahiya kay Peter okay I practically dragged him there and now it's closed oh my god the shame the horror the disappointment my life sucks forever huhuhuhudsjkfhdsjkahfksajdhfjksdhf

When we I got over my long, stunned silence of disappointment, we found out that it doesn't usually open on Monday. Thank god Peter brought his copy of 12, which cheered me up a great deal.

We then took a taxi to SM North Edsa, where we decided to geek out in Fully Booked there to soothe our sadness over The Collective Fail.

My Monday in a photo:


Fall Out Boy bag I bought last year on eBay for around Php900. I had a funny conversation about this with Kat.
Kat: Ganda ng bag mo!
Me: Thanks! Fangirl ako, hehe.
Kat: Diba break na sila?
Me: ......tangina pinaalala mo pa!
Super Mario keychain from Clipper, Php67. Thanks to Peter Angelo. Ililibre kita next time. :)
Sketchpad full of my doodles which I shall give as a Christmas-slash-birthday gift to him.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I dunno what good spirit possessed him to lend me this book.
The Bell Jar. Bought it for less than Php540.

Basically, my Monday was: UST, Buendia, South Super Highway, Malugay, SM North Edsa, TriNoma, Gateway. Whew!
I had a great time, though. When we next step foot on The Collective, we shall conquer Vinyl on Vinyl!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm sorry I did not indicate na they actually have a specific schedule - hindi rin kasi ako nakapagtanong about it so di ko din alam. I don't know how to get there by commute as well, kaya ayun...aaah, sorry kulang kulang info! :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...