October 16, 2010

Disappointment sinks in amid a haze of cigarette smoke and car exhaust

Does my absence affect you somehow?
When your hand reaches out, are you disappointed to grasp empty air?
When your eyes scan the room, does your heart sink to find me gone?
When you purse your lips, do you find yourself wishing, even subconsciously, for the taste of mine?

Does my presence affect you somehow?
When your hand grasps mine, do you inwardly cringe and hesitate at my sweaty palms?
What your eyes meet mine, does your heart skip a beat ecstatically?
When you taste my lips, do you find yourself longing for a miracle that would make the moment last forever?

No?
I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...