October 23, 2010

A letter to future boyfran (and no, it's not Desmond)

Since everybody's writing this sort of shit, I decided to make one of my own, too.

Dear future boyfriend,
I hate you. Yeah, you read that right. I fucking hate you for making me wait this long. I have been so lonely and so sad, I've almost given up hope that someone could love me unconditionally again.

That is, if you do love me. Because let's face it, I feel like one of the most unlovable people in this part of the Philippines. So you loving me unconditionally, accepting my many, many, faults, is only a snowball's chance in the usual scorching 25°C heat of Manila.

See? See what you did to me? You've taken so long that you've turned me into this cynical, embittered, pessimistic, forever-is-just-a-word, romcoms-are-goddamn-lies person who thinks that happy endings would happen to everyone but me. You took your time, eh? Dragged your feet? I bet you even wondered whether I was worth your time, didn't you, you son of a bitch.

*sigh* But then again, they do say good things come to those who wait. Well, future boyfriend, I have waited. Now all that's left for us to do is jump into this thing together, because let's face it, I am in love with you, and you say you're in love with me too, and the only way I can believe you is to give this relationship thingy a real shot.

I love you. I hate myself for being emotionally vulnerable yet again, but I can't help it. I love you.
Make damn sure that the wait was worth it.
Forever yours,
Ela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...