November 16, 2010

Tongue ring *~is love~*

Today, I decided to do the thing I have wanted to do for a couple of years now.
I got my tongue pierced! Yay!



It cost P700 at Toxztattoo in Robinson's Metro East.
Some might find the price a bit steep, but it's worth it to know that I'm getting a safe procedure, not in some random, hepatitis-infested tattoo parlor from Recto.



I am especially proud because I went there all by myself, without a friend to egg me on. Granted, my friends were all busy so I didn't have a choice, but still, gotta give me props for doing this without someone beside me, right? Right?!

At Toxztattoo, they didn't use guns, which made me nervous because that was how I pictured getting my piercing. However, I decided to suck it up and go for it.
The dude used some sort of clamp on my tongue, then used this huge needle thingy to pierce it. I gotta say, even though the sensation was freaky—like, damn, some dude is putting a hole in my tongue!—it didn't hurt much.
Before I knew it, the procedure was over and, ta-da! I had a tongue ring!


Guidelines:

  1. Take 250g of amoxicillin at least twice a day, every six hours (Tonight, I realized that I could not spell amoxicillin)
  2. Take mefanamic acid if it starts to hurt
  3. Don't eat solid food for three days
  4. Only remove the tongue ring after two weeks


Truth be told, I was more nervous telling my mom about my piercing than I was during the actual procedure. Once I walked into the house, she rattled off a sermon, something like, "Bakit mo ginawa yan? Sinabi nang ayoko magpa-pierce ka eh! Tigas talaga ng ulo mo! Daig mo pa si Kuya Sean mo! Bahala ka, pag na-tetano ka, di kita ipapagamot!"
(Full of exclamation points.)

After she calmed down, though, she opened up to the idea of my new piece of jewelry. Knowing full well that I couldn't eat solid food for three days, she baked the frozen pizza and placed it in front of me.
Me: Oh, nagluto ka? Di ako pwede kumain!
Mom: Alam ko, iniinggit lang kita.

6 comments:

  1. I am jealous. I've wanted one since high school! The problem is, my mom is not as "nice" as your mom. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahh...now I wanna get one for myself. damn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chen: My mom is not "nice", she chewed me out for defying her explicit no-piercing rule. Pero she got over it kasi, what more can she do, andito na yung tongue ring eh. Haha.

    @Ape: Why not? Go lang! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom's funny hahaha. Pareho sila ng mommy ko. For sure, ganyan din gagawin niya sa akin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niceeee. Got tattoo naman in Robinsons Pioneer. Toxztattoo. =)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...