August 07, 2010

On the last week of July, and first few days of August.

I'm starting to believe that pain—physical, emotional, what-have-you—truly does fuel art. When something good happens to me, I'm not as keen to write about it as much as when something bad happens to me. 
The past few weeks have been a tiring albeit happy blur, and I want you guys to see me happy, not just when I'm being a sad, pathetic, needy bitch.
  • July 26. Moj, one of my best friends, and I met in Gateway. To be honest, I was a little nervous because we hadn't seen each other since summer vacation; what if we had absolutely nothing to say to one another? (Okay, to be completely honest, I feel that every time I meet Moj or Peter Angelo, which baffles me because they're among my closest friends.) Turns out, I got stressed over nothing, as usual, because it felt so fine to catch up with one of my best friends ever that the stories just kept on coming and coming.
  • July 27. Played billiards for the first time, thanks to my blockmate Kevin, who taught me is still teaching me. I am constantly surprised by the patience he has shown at my ineptitude, but then again, he's the one who suggested that we play, so he ain't exactly in a place to complain.
  • July 29. Ate Crepe Cones for the first time. Slept for only three to four hours, thanks to Kevin, with whom I talked on the cellphone for most of the night.
  • July 31. This.
  • August 2. Was a total klutz at the library. My legs got bruised when I tripped on a stepladder, I fell down half a flight of stairs, and I bumped my head against a glass window. :|
  • August 3. Peter Angelo gave sold me a UST-Architecture lanyard for P120, which should have been free because WE ARE BEST FRIENDS, YOU CHEAPSKATE. Also, we played a game of handball (duh) in PE, and even though we lost yet again, I had lots of fun chasing the ball around and trying not to slip in the mud.
  • August 5. Woke up at 2 in the morning because of menstrual cramps, and spent more than an hour alternately throwing up in the bathroom and writhing in pain on my bed. See also: why I'm in a horrible mood during my period. This was also the day that I lied to my mom for the umpteenth time, and whiled away the night in UST, chatting with Bru, Zen, and Kevin. It was so much fun: we mostly talked about our screwed-up families, and I was amazed at how easily we opened up. Now that I think of it, it reminded me of The Breakfast Club.
Though we're nowhere near as cool as they are.
Will you look at that right there? I actually have a life outside the Internet, ladies and gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...