Saturday was supposed to be my NSTP prelims. I was in the car with my mom, and we were already in Banawe when I received a text message saying that the NSTP was cancelled due to the UST server failure (surprise, surprise).
Miffed at the hassle of waking up early but also relieved that I had time to study some more, my mom and I went to Trinoma to burn cash. And burn cash we did!
We had lunch at Conti's, where the waiter reminded me so much of Drix. I had roast beef with mushroom sauce again, and I was so full afterwards that all I could say was, "Haaaaaay, sarap."
More than five hours later, we arrived home loaded down with shopping bags. My mom bought two pairs of cute ballet flats and called it quits—that was enough splurging for her. I, on the other hand, bought all these:
(Photos not mine. I would have taken my own using my cellphone, but the cable connecting the cellphone to the computer is broken.)
- A shoulder bag from Artwork with a pig print
- A Little Miss Writer shirt that I have wanted for months, from The Perfect White Shirt
- A blue shirt from Tomato that would go well with my Von Dutch sneakers
- A bottle of Mutya nail polish called Panglao Dive, a glittery gunmetal gray color
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. I'm reading it at the moment and I'm already a quarter of the way through. It's really absorbing, well-written, and original. Will buy more of her books soon.
I also wanted to buy This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper, but they were out of stock. Boo!
As long as we're on the topic of splurges, I just have to mention this:
These are a pair of Matthew Moore-designed Ray Ban Wayfarers. It's part of a limited edition collection called Rare Prints, and I think only Sunglass Hut in Gateway carries the line. It costs a whopping 9 grand.
When I first saw it, I was like, dayum, I will buy those! But then I realized that I only had P11000 or so left for my birthday money, so... maybe I'll just buy myself a more affordable pair of shades, even though I have a lust for designer sunnies.