August 28, 2010

Gotta squint to see the silver lining

I was feeling crummy when I went off to UST this morning. I don't know, perhaps it was the fact the the tricycle took fifteen minutes to get from the guardhouse to our apartment. Perhaps it was the fact that I arrived late for my first class, which led to my decision to just skip it. Anyway, I was feeling crummy. Hours later, I came home significantly happier than I had been when I left the house. 

Maybe it's true that you gotta look for the good little things in a day to make you feel better: a text from a friend I've been missing (hi, Peter Angelo), a professor recognizing your good work on an essay, a Wendy's Baconator, or plans with the YC Buddies to watch a UAAP game.


I hope that from hereon in, I will see something good about each day. A pledge of optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...