May 27, 2010

Evolution of My Heartache Through Music

Took this from my private blog. This was written months ago.

Music heals heartbreak. It's a known fact. When people are depressed about their lovelives, they plug in their iPods, turn the volume up, and start sobbing over sappy love songs, reminiscing about their exes. Everyone goes through this, and everyone has a playlist: their personal soundtrack detailing the ups and downs of their heartbreak.

Without further ado, here is my playlist.

Stage I: Denial
Damn, I was stuck here for so long that I was living in an alternate reality. Good thing he set me straight so I could get on with my life.
Here are songs that basically say, Hey, we broke up. But no worries, we'll be back together again because it's "meant to be."
Yuh, right.

  • We Belong Together: Mariah Carey
  • Back to Me: The All-American Rejects Can't you see, I beg and plead... I know you're gonna find your way back to me.
  • Always Be My Baby: Mariah Carey You'll always be a part of me. I'm part of you indefinitely. Don't you know you can't escape me, oh darling coz you'll always be my baby.
  • Never Say Never: The Fray Don't let me go. (That says it all.)

Stage II: Anger
I don't really remember going through this stage. Maybe because I was too busy punching walls and screaming his name.
Nah, I'm just kidding. :))

  • Smile: Lily Allen At first, when I see you cry, yeah it makes me smile. Effing bitter, but every time I sang it, it made me feel that much better.
  • Alert the Armory: Urbandub What we have built is gone... I'm so sick of you and love! Gabby Alipe, how do you write awesome lyrics that speak right to my heart?


Stage III: Bargaining
Ah, bargaining. The phase where you beg, and plead, and cry, and pull your hair desperation, just wanting your former lover to come back, damn it! Hahaha.

  • Please Don't Leave Me: Pink
  • Lovefool: The Cardigans I don't care if you really care, as long as you don't go.
  • Fallin' Apart: The All-American Rejects Wherever you go I'm crawling, even when we're falling apart.
  • Cold Summer Nights: Francis Magalona Is there a way for you to turn around, turn around and come back baby? The original is always better.
  • Come Around: Rhett Miller I'm gonna be lonely for the rest of my life, unless you come around.


Stage IV: Depression 
Hoo boy, this is gonna take a while. I went through this stage for so long, the songs below have been played more than once daily (usually at night, when I would cry).

  • The Fight is Over: Urbandub. The entire song is so ball-crushingly painful to a brokenhearted person. Here's a choice lyric (my personal fave). How did we end this way? Our promises thrown away. All the years we built, broken up, see it crashing down.
  • The End of Something: Urbandub It feels like the end of it all. We're strangers again. All promises lost... Could this be the end of something beautiful?
  • Breakdown: Bone Thugz 'n Harmony & Mariah Carey. The lyrics are so damn awesome. Perfect for those who choose to mask their sadness when they're out with friends. Underneath the guise of a smile, gradually I'm dying inside... I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night, then turn down all the light, then I break down and cry.
  • Gone: Urbandub It doesn't ease the pain at all, that you're gone.
  • Lover Among Ruins: Urbandub. To me, your goodbye was the last thing on my mind. I tried to reply but was left there tongue-tied.


Stage V: Acceptance
Yay! I think I'm very near here.
Such an incredible accomplishment!

  • One Year, Six Months: Yellowcard I can tell that you don't know me anymore.
  • Anthem: Urbandub There's no time and no name here for us now. I'm sorry, but we're much too late.
  • Swing, Swing: The All-American Rejects I'll find someone new... My heart is crushed by a FORMER love... I'm moving on.
  • Cool: Gwen Stefani. Seriously, I wanna be friends someday. After all the obstacles, it's good to see you now with someone else.
  • Clean and Sober: Anya Marina I'm glad it's over. I've never felt so clean and sober.
  • Lovesick: Anya Marina I'm sick of feeling lovesick over you.

Lots of Urbandub songs here. This is why I love them. Especially Gabby Alipe. His lyrics are amazing. *worship*
Music, as always, helped me hold on to the remaining shreds of sanity that I have. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...