September 26, 2010

Scrubs

For the past few weeks, these people have been on my TV:
I have been running a Scrubs marathon from the first season to the eighth. I have a copy of the ninth, but since Zach Braff's only in the first few episodes, I ain't watching it (John Dorian is my life, okay).

Speaking of JD, I feel myself acting more and more like him. Since I started watching, I daydream more, and I even tilt my head ever-so-slightly to the left. Worse, when I narrate stuff to myself in my head, it actually sounds like JD. 

Maybe I could relate to him because I am such a dork.

However, my favorite character in this series is Dr. Perry Cox. Call me a sucker for cynical, angry, narcissistic jackasses, but I do love me some Cox (pun intended. It was so easy, I couldn't help myself.) 

His long-winded speeches take at least a minute to digest and he has this weird hatred of Hugh Jackman, but when he teaches a lesson to Newbie, Gandhi, or Barbie, damn, he teaches it well. I guess I love him because he is one of the most quotable TV characters I've seen. Proof?
Relationships don’t work the way they do on television and in the movies. Will they? Won’t they? And then they finally do, and they’re happy forever. Gimme a break.
and one of my personal favorites:
Oh my god, I care so little, I almost passed out.

Unsurprisingly, JD and Elliot ended up together. Okay, so they didn't get married and all that, but they were together, after eight seasons of the on-again, off-again routine and several references to Ross and Rachel of Friends.



Watching the last episode was bittersweet. On one hand, I was glad I had watched Scrubs, a show from which I had picked up countless quotes and life lessons. On the other hand, I didn't want to stop watching such an entertaining series.

I can't do this all on my own. I know I'm no Superman.

Photo sources:
Herehereherehere, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...