September 12, 2010

Optimism Challenge: Day 2-3

This was supposed to be last Tuesday, but after I tell you what happened that day, you'll realize why I wasn't able to blog that day.

Three good things about that day:
  1. We only had one subject (Math) though I didn't tell mom so I would be able to stay out until 7PM
  2. The YC Buddies got together to eat. This is a good thing because it's hard to get all seven of us to go out together, even though we're classmates.
  3. Had a sleepover with Babs and Zen.
Lemme elaborate on the third point. 
I suggested that we all go home to my place. During the tricycle ride home, it stopped dead in the middle of the road, where tall grass grew and the lone streetlight was a couple minutes' walk away. Of course I was freaked out, and Zen was, too. It was actually quite funny, the way we were arguing whether or not we should just walk, until a tricycle appeared and we hitched a ride.
Both tricycle drivers insisted that there was a manananggal in the neighborhood. Thanks for telling me that. I only go home late, like, every day, so no reason for me to be scared, right? #sarcasm

After getting home, we watched Vacancy. Well, I watched it; the two of them took turns watching while the other was asleep.

We spent the following morning just bumming around our house. We ate a lot of take-out, watched a lot of movies (Zen kept complaining so we changed the movies five fucking times before we found one he liked), had a chess tournament wherein Babs lost match after match (it was the only chess game I had ever watched where the players trash-talked—hilarious!), attempted to study, wasted about half an hour looking through my clothes for something that would fit Babs, and wasted an hour looking for Zen's cellphone battery, which was in the pillowcase all along.

After they left, I took a shower and went to the living room window, when suddenly I heard a whisper, "Ela!" Holy shit, I thought it was a ghost! Turned out that the two idiots got lost on their way to the guardhouse. I ended up calling a tricycle for them.

It was a pretty fun bonding experience. I just hope my mom doesn't think the worst of me for letting two guys sleep over. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...