December 29, 2010

Things I am into right now

This is not a may-mapost-lang post. I'm just trying to get you guys into the stuff I like so I can have someone to talk to about them.

Books
Currently, I'm reading Stories, a collection of fiction by talented writers such as Chuck Palahniuk, Neil Gaiman, and Jodi Picoult. It's been really great so far—the kind of book that's so good you don't really wanna finish it, which is why I'm procrastinating on reading it. My only complaint is that Aimee Bender wasn't in there, which is crap because she is an amazing writer. Seriously, amazing. (Here is Peter Angelo's cue to yell, "Geek alert!")
I'm also skimming through Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. "Skimming" because I couldn't wait to read the book, but was too lazy to focus completely.

Music
Since few people share my taste in music, I don't know what the point is in writing about the songs I like. But if you want, listen to Weezer, The Cab, The Academy Is..., Beulah, and The Zutons.(I linked to songs I particularly like)
Charlotte Sometimes' Waves and the Both of Us is rapidly becoming a favorite song. It's about sex, as the lyrics explicitly demonstrate, but it's so utterly sweet and lovely that it doesn't sound dirty at all, even when she says, "You take off your shirt and pull up my skirt."


The Innernetz
Spending my Christmas break online is unproductive and can get really boring, but what choice do I have when my mom doesn't like me going out?
I had to find new ways to entertain myself. Luckily, I stumbled upon this webcomic on Cracked.

This made me laugh for minutes. 2ND & 3RD PANELS WIN.

P.S. This post is inspired by Will's blog entry.
P.P.S. I don't know why I feel the need to state where I get inspiration for my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...