July 04, 2010

Peter's Butter Ball is the highlight of my day. How dull.

Today would have been one of the most boring, mundane days of my pathetic life, if not for the fact that I spent a little time with one of my best friends (ohai there, Peter Angelo). 

I made him wait for nearly an hour at the LRT station in Katipunan, which I guess is fair since he has made me wait there countless times. When I got there, he said, "May ibibigay ako sa'yo." He gave me my very first piece of Peter's Butter Ball.



It was sort of an inside joke between us. See, my mom refers to Peter as "Butter Ball" after the candy, and I told him about it. He found it funny, which I guess led him to buy a piece of this candy just for my amusement.

The thing is, I love it when my friends remember me. When they text me out of the blue just to say that they thought of me because of something-or-other, it really makes me smile: like when Gab texts me to say that she's watching Spongebob Squarepants (the two of us are the real-life Spongebob and Patrick star), or when Mojie drops me a line on Facebook. It's actually these small things that make me appreciate my friends even more, and make me feel loved.

P.S. I kept the candy wrapper. I am a sentimental sap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...