July 18, 2010

Urbandub All Over

Kath was posting pictures of her, Yhel, and Faindy, thus the title. Only Tumblr people would get the title, so, yeah.

Anyway, last Friday, UST had a welcoming event for freshmen. Several bands were set to perform: Monalisa, Orange Cartel, Mithi, Auto Kalesa, Indaybote, Panorama, Myosis, and the main attraction, Urbandub.

To be honest, I didn't expect to like the bands. To me, they were like tasteless appetizers the waiters serve for you to munch on before they serve main course. I am very happy to say that on this occasion, I was dead wrong. A lot of the bands that performed were really great.

Auto Kalesa's original composition, "Oh No Oh My", was really good. They said was a song for unrequited love, but that's not why I liked it, in case you were about to make a bitchy comment.
In Myosis, a former blockmate of ours was the guitarist, so when we saw him onstage, we were yelling his name like fangirls. 
I have to say, the vocalist of Myosis is really hot. Kinda chubby, but with a nice build. I saw Kuya Maxene at that moment, and she informed me that she was classmates with the vocalist. I asked her to set me up with him. (I was joking, okay! ...or not.)
Mithi performed second to the last.  The singer was so sexy, and she had such a smooth, sultry voice. But after their performance, everyone was getting antsy for Urbandub.

I was standing next to Aya, a fellow Urbandub fangirl, so when Gabby Alipe stepped into view, we went nuts. Seriously. People kept looking at us because we kept yelling, "Gabby Alipe, I love you!"
We also yelled a song request: "Cebuana!" 
Gab actually looked at us—yes, he looked at us with those gorgeous eyes—and said, "Cebuana?" And that was all it took me Aya and I to fall in love all over again.

Urbandub performed around six songs: Alert the Armory, First of Summer, Soul Searching, Gravity, A Call to Arms, and Guillotine. 

I had to wait several hours, but it was so worth it just to see them again. I swear to god, I am going to the Sonic Boom anniversary gig.

1 comment:

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...