February 17, 2010

The Past Few Days

Jego's blog inspired me to write daily in my blog about things that happen, instead of just random reflections. So, here I go.

This week is shaping up to be great. Yesterday, I got such an ego boost in my PGC reporting. My topic was the Commission on Elections and the Commission on Audit. Having found these topics to be interesting (especially the first one), I was really enthusiastic about my report, and I prepared for it well. Anyway, I gave my presentation and was able to answer all of my professor's questions. When I finished, she asked the class to give a round of applause, saying that I came to class really prepared. I know I did a good job, but it's much better if someone—especially a professor—acknowledges it. And it wasn't just her praise that made me feel good. As I took my seat, some of my blockmates told me I was great. If that's not enough for an ego boost, what is? :D

Later that afternoon, we had PE. We have an annoying teammate (let's hide her under the name BB), who absolutely refuses to catch the ball, chase after the ball, or do anything that would help the team win. She also applies make-up during class and whines about the dirt on her shoes. I mean, seriously. It's a fucking softball class. If you don't wanna get dirty, you should have taken up Fitness, or Table Tennis. In the meantime, why don't you our team a favor and look alive, for the love of god!

Anyway, it was a close game. Our team needed two points to win. I was up to bat. With sweaty hands, I took the bat and stepped up to the plate.
The catcher threw the ball to the pitcher, who drew her arm back and pitched.
The ball was coming closer... Closer!
WHACK!
To my surprise, I hit the ball. Yay, me! :)
It wasn't a home run, but it wasn't a foul ball either. I got to second base, screaming, "Safe! Safe!" I must have looked like a total dork, but who cares? I was just incredibly happy that I didn't screw up!
Our team won (BB actually made it to home base, practically dragging her feet). If we win the next game, we'll be the champions, and exempted from the Finals. Yay!

I woke up rather late this morning. Since my first class is with a strict professor, I rushed to get ready. I arrived at UST in record time, around 6:20AM. Get this: I was the first one in our class to arrive. It's not just an achievement, it's a miracle! But then, I remembered the ghost stories about our building, and I refused to stay alone in a cold classroom, so I left to buy a Cadbury chocolate bar. When I returned, a lot of my classmates were already there. No one witnessed my once-in-a-blue-moon early arrival. *sigh*

You know what's annoying? It's when you rush to go to school and find out that your professors aren't coming to class. We were supposed to have four classes today, and only one professor showed up. Worse still, it was the last subject. I could have had three more hours of sleep if I knew.

At lunch, Peter Angelo, Jegoww and I were supposed to go to Gateway. But then Kirstie invited us to eat, so we happily agreed. I really missed her!

We had lunch at Shakey's. I think I was a bit of a primadonna, asking to change the flavor of the pizza just because I don't eat veggies. Thankfully, no one minded. It was Peter's treat, by the way.
When the food arrived, we were having so much fun, we could hardly eat. I didn't even mind that when Peter Angelo pulled a trick on me (and made me look like a total dumbass), Kat and Kirstie took a video. :))
(By the way, I kept the drawing of the pig, just like Kirstie predicted.)

When the "party" ended, I gave Peter Angelo a birthday card. I felt kinda guilty because I promised Kat that we would buy a gift together, but I already bought the card before she and I agreed. (Kat, if you're reading this, I'm really sorry.)

Yet another day where I went home smiling. I hope the rest of this week turns out great, too. ♥

1 comment:

  1. what the? JEGO talaga..pfft :))

    yung card ok na ok lang yun :P wala pa rin akong gift kay peter hanggang ngayon..HAHAHA :))

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! And use exclamation points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...